Friday, February 1, 2008

The flowing of the river...

Have you ever awaken in the morning and realized that life is constantly evolving into new stages...weaving people in and out of your story. and felt hopeless. as if there were nothing you could do to stop the flow of traffic, realizing that as much as you care for people or had cared for people they do not seem to return the same desire for friendship. don't read me wrong. when I got up this morning I was tired as heck but in a great mood. why not be? I have a blessed life. the oppertunity to go to school and great living situation and for the most part important people in my life that I could not live with out. what I am asking is... how does someone who means so much to you slowly fade away? How can it be that such am important part of your life can just dissipate into distant memories of laugter and late nights...jokes and adventures. and as quickly as that happens, so many times seeming as if a relationship disappears over night, where are the important people in my life going to be next week? will they still be at my side or will they be off in the distance ever so slightly saying hello in my memory when a familar scent returns or the rhythmic beat of a favorite song plays. I've heard the quote that the lord decides who walks into our lives, but it is our job to make sure those who are important don't ever leave. but what if they do not want to stay? who is to say that you are as important to them as they are to you? what do we do then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worries. I'm not leaving anytime soon, we can party all night long together and tell each other things we don't dare normally say out loud because we're tired and we sleep in the same room.

Jill Rosenhan said...

I feel the exact some way! A couple people who I loved so much just all of a sudden walk out of my life. You feel helpless cause in the end it is their choice. I guess you can only live day to day and pray that the ones who support and sustain you through it all stay in your life.