Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You mess with fire...you will get burned.

How many times does it take one to realize that people will not change no matter how many chances you give them. If deep down, they are a shallow person, they will always be that. They may at times change their outward appearance to please your desires to surround yourself with better people...but really they are no different from the last time you said enough was enough. So this is my vow to myself to stop giving those who are undeserving of their fifth or sixth chances. Because yes everyone deserves a second chance. Because yes I've screwed up and taken any second chance that is given to me. But there comes a point when you can cry over people no more. when the friendship no longer outweighs the pain. And as I cried tonight I realized that I no longer need this friend that I have held on so tightly to for so long. I have begun my growing up process and well basically they aren't ready to yet, and are trying to pull me back to their level. but as I was upset tonight I realized that I no longer need to feelings of hurt this individual causes me because I have a group of people surrounding me that are the most amazing people. They are kind and caring and love me in all my bizarreness and I love having people that do not care if I do not always look pristine. Shallowness will only get you so far, so I say farewell to you my old friend because this is my stop. I'm getting off the boat.

No comments: